Monday 5 May 2014

Teenage Dream





I had spent another night round my boyfriend Drake's house. I must say though, it had been a much needed break away from home, what with my mum keeping nagging at me and my latent dad bugging me whenever he had the time... But I still had a mobile phone... All the damn thing had done since I got here is ring constantly- well, until I switched it to silent. But the thought of them taking the time to pester me had sent me over the edge! Didn't they realise I had a life too? I mean, it's not as if they had to worry about me?! I was fifteen after all... Old enough to practically take care of myself!
But as I lay on the floor staring lovingly into my boyfriends eyes I knew that the time had come to get my things sorted and head back home. We had laid like this for some minutes, before the thought had popped into my head and I felt bad for thinking it. But I knew that my folks had been worrying about me- why else had they bothered to ring me? So I stood up from the floor and started compiling my things. 

                               "Hey- what you doing?" Drake asked looking at me from the floor. 

                               "I need to go home-"

                                "What? Now?" 

                     "Yes. Now. Do you realise I've not seen my parents for like three and half days?!"

                       "Yeah- but don't your parents think your staying around a friends house?" I knew what he was getting at, and I knew I wouldn't be able to get away with it for another day, my parents needed to see me- I had to explain. 

                        "Drake, please just let me go home already... It's not as if you won't be able to see me whenever you want to..." I pull out one his drawer's that have my clothes stashed away inside and place them on top of his drawers.Then I started searching for where my knickers had been thrown.... obviously no where to hand- so typical! 

I knew his eyes were following my every move from where he was sat, and in a way it made me uncomfortable. Drake had been my first, and being nude in front of him and having sex with him, had been very audacious on my part. Not really understanding the sentiment it held between two people who were in love. But I didn't believe in "The one" and all that rubbish, because in most cases, the relationship breaks down and the only one left is you. But dare-say it, we do love each other. So now I suppose, I go home and try and salvage what is left between me and my parents. 

                    "Hey. Is my sock over there by any chance?" He continues to look at me. 

                     "What sock? Oh! You mean the plain white one thats really soft?" I don't have time for this- seriously?! 

                      "Yes- already- thats the fucking sock!" I can see he's surprised by my abrupt reply as I see his eye's dwindle and look away from me, and starts absent-mindedly grabbing my sock to throw back to me. I didn't mean to shout at him- honestly. It's just I know what I'm going to get when I get home. A load of queries about where I've been for the last couple of days and I'm just really not in the mood for it tonight. But I suppose tonight is as good as any other. But then a small voice snaps me out of thought and confronts me:

                     "Jeez Jamie- what's up with you? I was only mucking around with you and you bite my head off?!" I fiddle with stepping my feet through the holes of my knickers and pull up, hoping to do it as lady like as possible. Then place my jeans the right way in, for the time I begin to put them on, which isn't yet. 

                      "Look- I'm sorry okay? I just need to get home. I mean look at the time already- 10:45- My dad's gonna hammer me when I get home." I swiftly do up the clip to my bra, straightening out the straps over my shoulders, and put my socks on. 

                       "Yeah- but I thought you said your dad was cool with you staying out late?" He still remains seated on the floor watching me prance about placing my right sock on which I struggle in getting over my foot. 

                       "He is- when I happen to come home late from actually being at a friends house. Not squatting over at my boyfriends house for three days- with my phone on silent, and then going home late like I don't give a fuck-" 

                        "But you don't give a fuck...?"O-kay- he's slightly irritating me now. Why can't he just accept the fact that I need to go home?

                         "Of course I do- their my parents..." I finish getting dressed and check my phone. Like a gazillion messages from my mum, and loads of missed calls from the past couple of days. I start my turning my phone back onto sound, and formulate a text to send back:

Send to: Mummy
Mum- will be bk soon. Phone messed up. Didn't get messages- till now. Am fine. Be home soon xx


I click send, and wait for her reply. Knowing that she wouldn't hold a grudge against my tardiness. But dad would be a whole different story. Knowing full well my tardiness was laziness glazed over, and that the only reason I didn't pick up my phone was because I couldn't be bothered to. 

                          "Yeah, your parents who don't want you ending up with someone like me-" 

                          "Well, no- but it isn't like were going to get married is it?" I give him a quick kiss on the lips and rush out his bedroom door, bumping into his mum whose sat in the living room. 

                           "Oh! It's you Jamie? You alright Luv?" She says in a happy tone of voice.

                            "Yes- Mrs. Whittington. I just wanted to say thank you so much for letting me stay over... I know it was for quite a while..." I hold my arms behind my back and wait nervously for her to say something, hoping secretly she doesn't take too long as I'm up against the clock. 

                            "Darling no- not at all. Drake told us of your trouble... I can understand totally why you'd want to get away." I ponder on this, not knowing what the hell she's going on about?

                            "Umm... he did?" 

                            "Yes! I won't bring it up dear- as it's not something I should have known in the first place!" She gives me a wink and then carries on. " So don't let on that you know I know- okay?" 
 

I bashfully comply and give her one last thanks before bombing out the door, and up the road for home. I wonder what he's gone and bloody told her?! I think to myself before I nearly pee myself at the sight of my house. Stood there dominating the street. 


I take steady steps in order to brace myself, breathing to coincide with each step. Keeping my arms by my sides, and preparing myself for the worst. This was bad. I had never just gone off for three days without making my excuses. So I had fully expected a mouthful to greet me as soon as I walked through the door. My drive looks like a walkway straight to hell, the cobbled stones coloured red and yanking me further and further towards my doom. 

I knock on the door and wait for the silent stir to alert the house. Then I hear the faint groans of my dad letting me know he isn't impressed one bit. I put on a small smile in wait for him to open the door. 

                         "Jay-" His solace stare sending shivers up my spine as he leaves his sentence unfinished. "Jamie?!" He touches my face with cool hands, as if checking my realness, and then smiles at me. "Jamie?" I take a few steps forward coming more into the house, before closing the cold out. The click from the door making me nervous, and I slightly brush my cheek where my dad's hand had been just some seconds before. "Jamie?" The repetition of my name annoying me now as I wish he'd just come out with whatever it is he wished to say, already? 

                        "Yeah- dad... Hi?"Another smile creeps up on my face, as I see him grimace at my light-heartedness. "Let me explain-" He butts in before I can finish. 

                         "No- let me explain. One. DON'T ever- not answer your phone again. Two. You call when you change your plans- OR something comes up that forbids you from coming home. Three. You will apologise to both me and your mother for having us scared out of our minds!" 

Vanessa

I hear my hubby talking to someone out in the hall, and wonder who an earth it is? And at this hour too?! I prepare for a sneak peak, but then stop myself before pushing up from the sofa. I hear a young female voice I think? What is going on out there? Raised voices, and shouting and screaming like our house was featuring on some reality program?! Then Clinton's voice comes bursting into the living room, where I happen to be sat in puzzlement... 

                          "Your poor mother Jamie!"

                           "I said I was sorry- fuck sake!" 

The loud voices rising and rising by the minute, and I want to hide in any way I can. I hate it when Clinton and Jamie fight, the swearing and yelling echoing around the room- and I can only imagine what the neighbours think! But then I finally register why it is their arguing. Jamie's back! Where on earth had she been?! All this worrying for the last couple of days had all been in vein and I ready myself for the moment Clinton starts to try and involve me in their dispute. 

                            "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN EXACTLY HUH?!" 

                             "NONE OF YOUR BLOODY BUSINESS!" Jamie slams back. 

                              "HOW ABOUT WE MAKE IT OUR  BUSINESS? Right Vanessa?" I hate it when he calls me Vanessa. He always did it when he was wanting to sound serious. I cower and the thought of Jamie throwing those vile words at me, and prey to myself that Clinton will think of some other way to tell her off. Can't he just ground her or something?!

                               "THATS IT! INVOLVE HER LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO!" Jamie implores. 

                               "HER HAS A NAME YOU WICKED LITTLE GIRL!"

                               "WICKED?! WICKED...?! THATS FUCKING RICH." Their faces are bright red, and scorching with anger. 

                                "YES- YOU HEARD ME! WICKED." His arms are flailing about and you can see a resentful gleam in his eyes. "I just don't know why you couldn't just phone us a tell us where you were?" 

                               "I told you. I was stuck at Marsha's house, my phone was fucked. What do you want me to do? Walk miles and miles through the woods and get picked up by some rapist?" The word 'rapist' makes me want to crawl away and hide. 

                               "Well- we know you didn't go to school!" 

                           "OKAY. WELL SO WHAT?! I didn't go to school! I let them know didn't I?" Clinton's calm exterior slowly crumbling away. 

                             "STOP- SHOUTING AT ME YOUNG LADY!"

                             "STOP SHOUTING AT YOU?! Your the one making out as if I'm a liar?!" 

                           "THATS BECAUSE I WAS WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU!! WORRIED SICK BY THE THOUGHT OF SOMETHING ATROCIOUS HAPPENING TO YOU- AND ME NOT BEING THERE TO STOP IT!"  

                            "You know what? We don't seem to be seeing eye-to-eye on this one. I'm going out." I watch Jamie move past her dad, and without even a backward glance at me- I hear the thud of her footsteps out on the carpet and then a loud slam of the door. I watch Clinton deflate and sit beside me, taking my hand in his- mentally preparing for more to come. 

...........................................


Jamie

I feel him wrap his arms around me as if he hadn't seen me for weeks. Bearing in mind it had only been for a couple of hours... I feel so happy in this moment, and I want it last with all my might! If only we could just be together without all the sniping and griping about whose family had money and whose didn't. That's the only reason why I couldn't tell my family that's where I had been staying. His arms loosen their hold of me and encourage me to face him- so he can deepen our intimate embrace. 

I love the romanticism it leaves in my system, and I can help but go all out in my fairytale fantasy, of a princess and her prince charming. It's like he knows exactly what I need and when I have to have it. Not asking any questions about what bought us out here in the first place, and why now. His soft lips touching mine with the most delicate motions, and making me crave just that little bit more. Our hands holding desperately onto one another, entwining our fingers and allowing our palms to dampen from the heat created by our bodies. I know in this moment, that I'm where I want to be and everything else can fade away into nothingness. Me loving him and him loving me. 
Then I think of something that had been bothering me even before I got home and ask him:

                            "Hey. What did you tell your mum?" 




                             











                            


                   

               


                


2 comments:

  1. Why is Jamie acting out so badly? Is it a cry for Vanessa to pay attention to her? She seems so weak and clueless. I can't believe Jamie was out at her bf's house all this time AND his mother was fine with it. I want to know what he told his mother too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could be a multitude of things..? Jamie's just going through the whole teenager phase I guess... Wanting to be independent and act like an adult? But not taking the responsibility that comes with it.

    Her parents annoy her... I mean how can they not?! Both very different from one another, with different parenting methods- and ways of dealing with her escapades- and yet meet together with different outcomes? They just don't really know how to work together?

    Lol that was a little unintentional :P It wasn't supposed to be like that, with Drakes mum! But it's all kinda funny ;)

    Thank you for commenting!

    ReplyDelete